Thursday, July 19, 2012

Just in case

The adventure never ends. A death today. What I remember is a daughter washing her mother's feet. She was sitting right next to me. I watched the mother and daughter and could not stop crying. The love that was there. Now momma's gone to heaven. I was blessed to give her Holy Communion for the last time, to speak to her one last time, to gently touch her hair.
How I admired her and her daughter. How I wish I'd had some of that in my life, but I'll settle for being a witness to their love. I pray my children will find it someday for themselves, if I did not, or could not teach it to them.
So much suffering in this world, but every now and then, God shines a beautiful light on a fact of life: we are all going to have to say goodbye.  Now and then, we figure it out. We get it right.  We love. We forgive. We offer kindness and hospitality to each other. We love. In spite of everything. We love.
I don't know how my story will end. I hope it will be a happy ending. I hope what I have learned, I have passed it on.  For those who loved me anyway, despite all the challenges, how I may have fought you...or hated you for loving me...thank you for not giving up.  Or giving in. 

When I see a good death...I don't know. It makes me so happy...and so hopeful for mankind. Humankind. We mess so much up...but the Light still shines. Every chance it gets.

Give it a chance to shine in you.
Love, Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment