Thursday, April 14, 2011

Rebirth: the first risk: March 1996 the first teacher

I watch your brown eyes
as you remove your glasses
They shift from one of my eyes to the other
and back again
They search for my soul
Trying to read me

I sit very still when you do that
Keeping my eyes still and my heart open
Inviting you into my soul
Through a path as straight and wide as I can make it
Come into the essence
That makes me different from every other human being ever created
Look around inside me
Water the plants
Dust off the books
Straighten the linens and
Find the lost key, the misplaced book
Open the curtains
Come inside

With you I am not afraid
I have opened all of myself to you
You do not treat me like an old sock
But like fine Spanish porcelain
Or a freshly budding rose..

I know there is a God
Because you are here
Because I have a soul
And you are holding it
In the palm of your hand

No comments:

Post a Comment