People tell me over and over that they like the way I play the piano. I know it's not me, but God...and they don't get that. But you see, I view music as making love to God, for God and with God. My hands are the male and female...sometimes fighting each other, sometimes working together, each fighting for attention, sometimes winning and sometimes losing,,,but in the process, they make music...they sing to God...and God laughs and claps His hands...and tell me, "Play on, Cindy, play on!"
Sometimes God seduces me in the music and I get lost...but it's all laughter and joy...wrong notes and all. If you happen to hear it, I have no idea what you are hearing...because that is your dance...with God and you...just for you...so I take neither credit nor blame for my notes anymore...
They are my way of getting around my own distractions and right down into the center of God's heart...when bliss never ends...musical notes...no theology about them, no right or wrong. Just notes...and I sing them with every cell of my body...awake and vulnerable...bending to His love, which always pleases...
So if you hear me play, don't thank me. Thank God. He's the one hold my hands...
Love, Cindy
No comments:
Post a Comment