Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Fundamentalists and other things that go bump in the night...

If you can't stand the heat...get out of the kitchen.

Too late. I'm in it for the long haul. I trust God. All others will have to prove themselves to me. God is setting me up for another Dark Night. I thought I'd get a bit more time. I thought maybe He'd be nice and wait until after Christmas. But he knows best.
No this is not a punishment. It is not God testing me. It is God's gift to help me see who I really am, what I need to be, and where I need to go next. It is a gift of discernment. It is a gift of illumination. And right now, it hurts...
But all great healing begins with the acknowledgment of pain. OK God, I am hurting. Do your work. I'll breath deeply.

No comments:

Post a Comment