I played a little piano today
I fell from grace...
And remembered...a lot of things
I thought were behind me.
I tried to talk with a priest about it
And he was totally dismissive.
It was fair enough, for I had little respect for him, too
He was simply the one that was THERE...
We didn't agree on much.
That's happened before with a priest or two
But things always seemed to work themselves out between us.
We would learn to appreciate each other.
There are just a couple
I simply don't want to understand
Or like
But my relationship with God
Demands that I listen
Even when I don't want to listen
So
When the priest gave me a task
While he stared at the door
And gave me the generic solution
to a challenge he obviously doesn't want to listen to
I still know there is something there
Something I need to do
And
On my own terms
I did it
And that led me down a path
Of encounters unexpected
And without knowing it
I did get my answer
To my question
From a place
I never thought I'd go.
Maybe that's why
We have to love our enemies
Those who disapprove
Look down on us
Judge us
Without knowing anything about us
Because God loves all of us
And
I think
If we discern carefully
Prayerfully
We will find
Our truest self
When we trust God
first.
The path to the answer
might require
letting in the
disagreeable
the annoying
Because
maybe
we need to remember
taking
a bit of... manure
will make the flowers
bloom.
Love, Cindy
May Day 2013
No comments:
Post a Comment