Friday, May 25, 2012

See What Love Does...

I really don't have time to write, but I look at the photos of my grandchildren...and I am comepletely slain by their beauty, interior and exterior.  I look at their parents, barely more than children when they started their family...and so very poor and struggling with so many challenges...and filled with so many wonderful dreams.  Ten years later, I shake my head with tears in my eyes.  This is proof of what love can do. 
It is work. It is a choice. It takes bravery. But it bears all things, believes all things. It does not wear out. It is the most perfect thing in the universe. Matter be blowed...it is love that keeps the world spinning on its axis. It is love that makes any challenge bearable, from the moment one pops out of the womb until that last breath and the monitor says nothing but zeroes on each line. Love is all that matters.

Remain cautious in reading my words, I am speaking of real love. Yes I love my grandchildren and my children. And I love the people they have chosen to love. I love my friends. But this love of which I write is part of that, but greater than that. It is an assurance inside me, that even when I explode in my Irish temper or fall into passionate French despair...I always know things will work out.

And they will.

Today, I struggle because a dear friend lost his brother. Circumstances will not allow me to help. I get that. It makes me most appreciative of what I have...and what I do not have.  But I have not felt so helpless in a long time. So I simply ask for prayers to help me be what I need to be now. To follow that path God has in front of me with courage and hope. To be the woman I was created to be.

Thank you.
Love, Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment